The Trust was set up to act as the foundation of the Schools and for the purpose of the
School Standards and Framework Act 1998 and as such administers and manages
the property and other assets of The Aireborough learning Partnership – a Co-operative
Trust for the public benefit as defined by the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
The purpose of the Trust is set out in the objects of the Articles of Association:
The Objects of the Trust are to advance the education of the learners at the Schools,
to advance the education of other members of the community, and otherwise to
benefit the community, it being acknowledged that in carrying out the Objects the
Trust must (where applicable) have regard to its obligation to promote the community
cohesion under the Education Acts.
* the curriculum and ethos of the Schools will place an emphasis on, and include
a commitment to students learning about, the Co-operative values, with the aim
of encouraging all learners to become better citizens, not only while they are
learners but during the rest of their lives;
* the Schools will actively participate in the work and activities of The Schools
Co-operative Society and provide and receive support through the mutual
support network for schools established by The Schools Co-operative Society;
* the Trust will be a member of The Schools Co-operative Society.
The ALPT – a vibrant learning community.
‘Making a difference through: collaboration, aspiration, reflection, challenge,
inclusiveness and impactfulness.’
* to raise standards and attainment for all children in the partnership
* to increase and create vibrant learning opportunities for all
* to create strong working relationships between all co-operative members
* to use resources in a more creative and collaborative way.